Elevations CU 2016 Social Media
Social Media > Social Media - $1 Billion and Greater
Elevations Credit Union
Elevations has a robust, established social media program that has won numerous industry and marketing awards, in addition to being ranked consistently in the top 25 credit unions using social media, according to the Financial Brand Power 100.
In 2016 we set out to build on that success in the ever-changing world of social media, with the below objectives:
• Grow our communities on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
• Increase engagement with rich content, including YouTube videos.
• Promote financial literacy and our connections to the community.
• Listen for feedback on service and products (resolve problems proactively).
• Ultimately drive engagement, member loyalty and referrals.
Elevations Credit Union began on the campus of the University of Colorado in 1953 and is now the third largest credit union in Colorado with over 120,000 members. Consumers in our field of membership (Adams, Boulder, Broomfield, Denver, Jefferson, Larimer and Weld Counties) prefer doing business with local organizations that give back to the community and help protect the environment.
Our membership includes 8% Traditionalists, 30% Baby Boomers, 26% Gen X and 38% Gen Y, with the Gen Y figure putting us in the 94th percentile for credit unions. Because of this, and because consumers in our field of membership tend to be very tech-savvy, a mix of traditional and digital channels is very important to engage with our members and the community at large.
We target audience segments by life stages and our specific targets for the Power of Localism campaign are below:
• Primary: Members with a limited Elevations relationship and non-members in our market space.
Young professionals, Newlyweds, Young Families life stages.
• Secondary: Maturing Families, Internal Staff.